Become a Certified Anger Solutions Facilitator or Trainer!
Next Training Opportunity: Anger Solutions Facilitator Boot-Camp is September 28, 2018
3340 Schmon Parkway, Thorold, Ontario in the TROPICAL Room
Anger Solutions Train the Trainer: November 28-30, 2018 in Niagara Falls, Ontario
“…Enjoyed the informal, interesting presentation and feel I have gained confidence, assurance and encouragement to pursue my counselling efforts and development of group therapy. An excellent, comprehensive package.”
Facilitator Boot Camp (Price Roll Back): Register for this day – $379 +HST
Train the Trainer: Register for this Fall 2018 Program – $1195 + HST
Other Types of Training Available:
- Level One: Boot Camp for Facilitators
- Level Two: Certified Trainer
- Level Three: Individual Counsellor/Coach
- Level Four: Master Trainer
Contact us at 905-329-6169 OR use our convenient contact form.
If you are a Counsellor, Case Manager, Therapist, or Mental Health Worker who works with:
- People struggling with addictions
- Supported housing – group activity is required or optional
- People with severe mental health difficulties
- Individuals with concurrent diagnoses (e.g. addictions/mental health or addictions/brain injury)
- People who have anger as a pre-employment issue
- Youth at risk
- Children who bully or have other behavioural problems, or
- Individuals involved with the correctional system (CSO, bail, probation/parole, alternative sentencing,
Anger Solutions may be a valuable and useful tool for you.
This program is ideal for counsellors who:
- Are frustrated with the time and effort required to research and develop effective anger tools
- Need a solid base of tools and resources
- Want to hone their group facilitation skills
- Want an Anger Resolution model that works – regardless of their client group
- Want to be able to transfer their skills in anger resolution counselling to different client/consumer groups (i.e. want to be able to tailor the program for client needs)
About the Anger Solutions™ Program:
The Anger Solutions™ Program was developed by Julie Christiansen, MA over 4 years of study and practical use. It has been delivered to over 100 agencies across Ontario for over 8 years, and is currently in use by various corrections-based, addictions and recovery, and social service agencies across Ontario, in the Maritimes, in the Western provinces, as well as internationally. The program has 11 modules and is designed to run as an 8, 10, or 12 week group program.
The success rate of this program is exceptional (steady at just over 80%), and for all committed participants who complete and follow through on the processes, there is a marked increase in quality of life and higher self-esteem as a result of fewer occurrences of undesired “angry” behaviours, lower recidivism rates, incorporation of more appropriate methods for expressing anger, improved communication skills, increased employability, and higher assertiveness levels.
What makes Anger Solutions different?
- This program is designed as both a “plug and play” resource – one that can be used “as is” to run either group or individual anger solutions coaching; and, as a foundation upon which to tailor an anger management program specifically to the needs of your client base.
- Built on a Psychosocial Rehabilitation foundation, The Anger Solutions™ Program uses the WIT Model (Whatever It Takes) to reach its participants – successfully and effectively combining a variety of evidence-based therapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Rational Emotive Therapy, Reality Therapy (Choice Theory), and Solution Focused Brief Therapy principles. There is much support in the literature for a multi-modal approach, as the application multiple modalities allows for broader reach and flexibility of the program, rather than using a “one size fits all” strategy to address a complex emotion.
- Visual aids for this program include charts, drawings, and acrostics that can be re-produced on Powerpoints or on flipcharts.
- The program workbooks have been translated into French and Spanish, and Powerpoints are available in French.
- In the comprehensive Facilitator Manual, each module begins with an overview of lesson goals, as well as a note to the facilitator explaining what tools/visual aids/props are needed. Throughout the module lessons are special points to emphasize to participants called, “MTP” or “Make the Point”.
- Detailed instructions are provided for how to conduct each exercise, and there are a variety of exercises that will appeal to each learning style: Visual, Auditory, and Kinesthetic. Every exercise has been “field tested” by our facilitators and trainers across the country, so we can attest to the efficacy of each learning module.
- Anger Solutions is a living, breathing, standardized program; we are constantly evaluating the success of programs that are run across the province of Ontario, and adapting the program as needed to ensure excellence in program content, delivery, and evaluation.